Friday, December 18, 2009

Introduction

This is my first BLOG attempt.  It will take me a while to make this site something IT professionals will want to visit and participate in.  Any comments or suggestions about the design, layout, focus, or topics will be greatly appreciated.  Perhaps the first thing would be to get feedback on the name for this BLOG site.

I chose "Data-centric Discussions" because I want to talk about any topic dealing with data in the IT world.  Specifically, data that is to be stored somehow.  I'm not going to concentrate on database engines or DBA roles, but I'm sure those will come up as we discuss data storage.  My primary focus will be on those IT positions that relate to data and information.  Data by itself is not very useful; the way the data is used and presented to the user should provide useful information.

There are many roles involved with data storage and use:  Data Architect, Data Analyst, Data Modeler, ETL Developer, and SQL Developer.  This is not a complete list.  Although not a position I see advertised for, I suppose Data Profiler could be added to this list if someone's job was strictly data profiling.

Does anyone have a suggestion for the BLOG site's name?

No comments:

Post a Comment