Wednesday, March 21, 2012

PowerDesigner 16 only uses default printer

PowerDesigner Enterprise Architect
Version 16.0.0.3576 EBF5

OS: Windows 7 Professional

Issue: I want to print a multiple page diagram from a Physical Data Model.  I open the model, open the diagram, and press Ctrl+A to select all the symbols in the diagram.  From File menu, I select "Print Selection".  In the "Print Diagram" dialog window, I choose a destination printer, which is not my default printer, choose the paper size and other settings and click "OK".  The print job goes to my default printer which doesn't have the paper size I need.

Resolution: Change my default printer to the desired printer for this job and, when done, change my default printer back to normal

Secondary Issue:  PowerDesigner does not recognize change to default printer until after it is closed and reopened.

Sybase Inc. Case-Express bug report opened:
Case Id: 11727580 - PowerDesigner only uses default printer

1 comment:

  1. For how much money you pay... the approach of nickle and dime you for every little feature.... and you can't even print preview... manage multiple printers.... wow!

    ReplyDelete